Ice Cream Ahoy!

Honestly I'm not the biggest fan of diet ice cream products.  I personally would rather have full fat diary or gelato and have a little bit than to be able to have a lot of something diet.  But that's just me.  I have purchased weight watchers ice cream products (of my own volition) in the past.  And as far as diet things go, they're pretty decent. If you are on a big calorie restriction then I think they give you some leeway into feeling semi normal lol.

I wanted to try two different products that I might not necessarily grab first hand normally.  So the two I've tried are the Dark Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake bars and Double Caramel swirl cone. 



  
The dark chocolate raspberry cheesecake bars has a chocolate dipped topping, cheesecake all over then a raspberry swirl. I wasn't that impressed with the cheesecake part itself. I felt it didn't really have a true cheesecake flavor. It was more of a really creamy vanilla to me with a slight tang. The raspberry swirl has a noticeable true fruit taste. And the chocolate portion has the best taste overall...very smooth. I was more so call this a raspberry ice cream than anything else. I wish the chocolate coating cover the whole bar rather than just the top potion. I felt it added a great extra dimension. Overall buying this to satisfy a cheesecake craving wouldn't work but if you like raspberries then this would be for you (raspberry + chocolate= WIN).

The double caramel swirl ice cream cone is a caramel ice cream with caramel swirls in it and a chocolate rim coated sugar cone. I find the flavoring of the ice cream and the taste of the cone meld well together. The inside of the sugar cone is lightly lined with chocolate which is a nice surprise. The caramel ice cream itself has a good consistency and isn't too thin--like a soft serve, no icy milk texture. I didn't really care for the caramel sauce/swirl part. That was the one part that had a distinct artificial sweetener taste. Overall a good little treat for ice cream cone lovers. 

My final thoughts....the cheesecake bar I wouldn't buy again because it didn't give me what I was expecting, which was cheesecake.  The ice cream cone however was really tasty and while I'm not thrilled about the swirl part I may buy it again if I need a caramel chocolate fix.

(influenster provided the coupons for my review)

Comments

Popular Posts