Diet Mania

I have had a great food day today. Filled with veggies, all of my meals and some delicious fruit (mangoes ftw!).

I find it difficult at times to not to revert to binge eating in the hysteria of "getting on track". Quite frankly it took about 2-3 days of feeling guilty, having an extra snack, and panic to get on track.

Having something to do or just plan old busyness strangely took the focus off eating and unto replenishing myself.  I was dizzy so I knew I was dehydrated and bought an iced green tea.  I felt the emptiness in my stomach so knew it was time for a snack. 

Your body tells you all you need to know and sometimes life just creates noise.  Quieting that noise through positive coping mechanisms better ensures an overall healthy lifestyle.  Yes binging is still something I need to look out for.  This has too been a reminder.  But if I can slowly better prepare myself and be up to fight the inner struggles, I can hopefully get better at listening to me. 

So right now I am working on structure.  For me that means getting readjusted to eating more frequently and measuring the serving sizes that work for me.  I have to tell myself I am learning and not see it as restriction.  I had become accustomed to just eating a majorly big meal once I felt famished which allotted alot of calories and then possibly a snack to eat the day. While this afforded me playing room, it was not beneficial to my overall energy levels.

I am struggling a bit with all this but I think it can pass.  I can focus on the benefits. There is no punishment.

Comments

Popular Posts