I gave up on life....

I gave up on life 10 years ago.  Stuck inside, no talking, barely participating and not really living.  I was convinced everything I was told made sense and didn't make sense at the same time.  I had resigned myself to mediocrity.  Depression is a hell of a thing.  Who I was and how I lived didn't match up at all.  I was a body that took up space and a soul that was trapped inside of itself.


There are many decisions that have brought me to today.  And me being here speaks for itself in a way.  Once upon a time, a professor called me resilient.  See, in the face of adversity I never really gave in but I never quite gave it my all either.  I keep trying but for once I'd like to say "yes I'm all here!"


If I told you my life story, you'd think I was a liar.  But really what I will say is words can always hurt you. I have ahead of me forgiveness of my abusers and self-forgiveness of my own actions (and many inactions).


My body today walks in pain.  And it walks that way because I gave up.  I did not say to myself it was okay to feel the emotional pain and push myself past that block.  I did not say it was okay to not want to be with this person or that; nor listen to the negative tape being screamed at me in my head or outside of my head.


I gave in.


But yet and still here I am.  What I wish to document goes beyond a body transformation.  It is a soul renewed and a spirit restored.  I wish for you to see that at the dark depths and valleys is a tunnel out.  I will find that way and carry you too through it with me.

Comments

Popular Posts